Saturday, May 5, 2012

5 may 2012 saw the biggest and brightest moon according to NASA this year. This how it looked in Windhoek when it showed up over the Auas mountains south-east of the capitol

According to the American space agency NASA the moon was at it's brightest when it rose tonight. I set up my camera to witness and record this once a year phenomena, but  could hardly see any difference with the naked eye in comparison with other moons when it made it's appearance over the same horizon. NASA's website claimed the moon would be at least 14% bigger, and thirty percent brighter. The brightness I could concur. But be it as it may, it was a spectacular scene as the moon showed up over the Auas mountains from my home. I included a short video clip of the rising moon.      

No comments:

Post a Comment